Become a Volunteer
Discover YOUR Mission
WE CAN’T DO THIS ALONE. We need the Lord’s help and we need you.
If you live in the local area, you can help with homeless outreaches, prison outreaches, food ministry, collection drives (e.g., coats and blankets for winter, shoe drives, etc.), special events, and projects such as our annual Christmas wrapping party.
If you live outside Southern California, please see our How to Help page for information on other ways you can support us.
What Would I Do at an Outreach?
Depending on the event, volunteers help in variety of ways, including:
- Setup. Setting up sound equipment, tables, chairs and stations for donated items.
- Prayer. Praying with the homeless, incarcerated, or local families and individuals, and collecting written prayer requests to be shared in our prayer warrior e-blasts and social media. (Written requests record the person’s first name only in order to protect the individual’s privacy.)
- Distribution. Helping to distribute Bibles, song sheets, devotionals, water, hygiene kits, food cards, and more.
- Music/Singing. Musicians and singers are welcome to join the street, prison, and food ministry teams to help bring worship services to those who are homeless, low-income, and incarcerated.
- Testimonies. If you have an inspiring story of how the Lord worked in your life, you can share a brief testimony at homeless outreaches and other special events.
- Photography/Video. If you have multimedia skills, you can help take photos and capture video clips during outreaches and special events. This media is used on our website, on our social media channels, and in our presentations.
Here’s What It Looks Like
How Do I Get Started?
Some programs, such as the prison outreach, require volunteers to obtain a Department of Corrections clearance prior to participation. We will help you with the paperwork and no cost is involved.
When you attend your first outreach, one of our leaders will help you to acclimate and will share the safety rules along with basic instructions for your given tasks or chosen assignment. Please contact us for more information, or if you are interested in volunteering at an upcoming outreach or event.